Who we are :
The Chamonix based Compagnie du Mont-Blanc (CMB) was one of the first ski lift companies to operate in France.
Under a concession contract, the CMB is engaged in serving and providing transportation in the mountains by ski lifts, chairlifts, gondolas, cable cars and cog railways.
- The CMB operates on the municipalities of Chamonix, Vallorcine and St Gervais
- The CMB manages four high altitude ski areas in the Chamonix valley : Les Grands Montets, Balme, Brévent-Flégère, Les Houches ; and three world-famous excursion sites : Aiguille du Midi, Montenvers - Mer de Glace and the Mont Blanc Tramway.
- This pioneering company was established in 2000 to offer its customers the best service in respect of its social, economic and geographical situation.
- The CMB is certified ISO 9001 (v2008), ISO 14001 (v2004) and OHSAS 18001 (v2007)
A word from the President
"The Compagnie du Mont-Blanc" is not a company in isolation. It is one of the Chain-mail links of the "quality chain" which links the suppliers to the customers, the users of our services.
Our position gives us certain rights but also compels us to certain duties :
- to satisfy our customers
- to keep ouselves aware of our customers' needs in order to improve our processes
- every one of our employees must give his/her best and always aim to improve their performance.
Our unique aim is to bring satisfaction to our customer, and it is with this goal in mind that we pursur our investment policies and try to give useful, exact and rapid inforamtion to our customers.
This position also gives us rights :
- The right to be ambitious and to make our Company a leader in our profession.
- The right to be ambitious with the will to make Chamonix, as a whole, a place where our customer's stay is made easy and successful.
Our web site is open, eas to access and all the information you may need is available there in the respect our rights and duties
Mathieu DECHAVANNE President Managing Director
The Compagnie du Mont-Blanc in figures:
|Group||Compagnie du Mont-Blanc||Domaine des Houches / St Gervais|
|Turnover||70 M€||62 M€||8 M€|
|Workforce||455 person||395 person||60 person|
|Skier days in winter||1 660 000 skier days in winter 1 100 000visits in the summer||1 360 000 skier days in winter 1 100 000 visits in the summer.||300 000 skier days in winter|
- 2 ski passes to experience the best of Chamonix in the winter: Chamonix Le Pass and Mont-Blanc Unlimited.
- 1 pass to explore the area in the summer: Mont Blanc MultiPass.
- 41 ski lifts (6 gondolas, 6 disengageable-chairlifts, 10 fixed-grip chair lifts, 9 drag lifts, 7 cable cars, 2 mountain trains, 1 magic carpet)
- 58 000 persons per hour on the Chamonix lift infrastructure.
- 23,151 m cumulative altitude gain
- 20 km off-piste route Vallée Blanche
Apply online : click here